Best Family Fall Activities in the Westlake and South Florida Area
In Westlake, Palm Beach County, and the greater South Florida area, there are plenty of fun family activities this fall! October is the perfect time to explore everything South Florida has to offer- including delectable foods, pumpkin patches, wild west adventures, and an exciting safari!
Let’s explore all the area has to offer this fall!
Farmers Markets and Pumpkin Patches
Local farmers markets are always fun to explore, especially during the perfect weather a South Florida fall brings. You can also pick up all your favorite fall veggies as well as farm fresh homemade jams, butters, and jellies. Plus, there is no better way to ring in the season than a visit to a local pumpkin patch to pick your perfect pumpkin.
Here are just a few of the county’s many pumpkin patch offerings:
- Pumpkin Towne in Wellington offers an incredible selection of pumpkins, plus bounce houses, hay bales to climb, photo ops, and more.
- Community of Hope Church West Campus in Loxahatchee Groves features pumpkins of all sizes, as well as selection of decorative gourds to choose from. In addition to locally made baked goods, there is also a photo area that promises the perfect backdrop for fall family photos.
- Jack O Lanterns Pumpkins in West Palm Beach features lots of family-friendly activities with social distancing and safety protocols in place. You and your family will enjoy pumpkin tic-tac-toe, bounce houses, a petting zoo, a haunted maze, a photo station and more, plus plenty of pumpkins from which to choose.
- Pumpkin Time at You Farm in Loxahatchee boasts more than 4,000 pumpkins, as well as straw bales and corn stalks, plus farm games, hayrides, music, and fall crafts. The farm is the ideal place for awesome family photos, and you can even bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the farm.
Hiking the Region
Fall is the perfect time to get out and enjoy some of the local scenic trails, all close to home, making them ideal for an afternoon of adventure, a fun-filled day trip, or an overnight camping excursion.
- Apoxee Wilderness Trail – The Apoxee Wilderness Trail promises a unique 4.7-mile hike with boardwalks, crushed limestone trails, and natural surfaces amid habitats which flourish along the sheet flow in damp and humid conditions. You’ll explore tropical hammocks and wet prairies.
- MacArthur Beach State Park – With nearly 500 acres of beautiful beaches and pristine nature trails, Palm Beach County’s only state park offers lots of family fun with a nature center, trails, easy beach access, picnic areas, and kayak rentals. Plus, if you bring along your snorkeling gear, you can explore the incredible Anastasia Limestone Rock Reef together and meet the Park’s most famous residents – sea turtles, parrotfish, barracuda, and damsel fish – in their natural habitat.
- Arthur R Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge – The refuge acts as a natural buffer between the area’s subdivisions and the Everglades River. The area features two unique natural trails, as well as the levee system and open marsh, where Florida panthers, wading birds, and other native species make their homes.
- Custard Apple Trail in John Prince Park, Lake Worth – As Palm Beach County’s first nature trail, it once featured thriving custard apples in the marshy wetlands. This short interpretive trail winds through the marsh and a tropical hammock, complete with tall old custard apple trees.
Any time of year is a great time to enjoy a safari with the family at Loxahatchee’s Lion Country Safari. With more than 1,000 animals including lions, zebras, giraffes, buffalo, and more, you and your family will enjoy the variety of landscapes and wild animal encounters as you walk or drive though.
There are even opportunities to feed animals and exciting rides to enjoy including the water “sprayground”. This cageless, drive-thru animal safari promises to educate even the littlest family members on the importance of conservation efforts to save the world’s most incredible creatures.
Visit Sky Cove of Westlake This Fall
Fall is the perfect time to get out and enjoy time with the family in Palm Beach County. There is truly something for everyone from fall-themed events to classic family fun like hiking, biking, and paddling.
If you aren’t already a part of the Sky Cove of Westlake community in West Palm Beach, plan your visit today and find the home of your dreams, perfectly suited for you and your family.
For more information or to schedule a virtual tour, contact us today!