Top 10 Valentine’s Day Activities and Recipes
Spending time with your loved one is a great way to show you care, and what’s more special than creating something you made with love? Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day as a couple or as a family, there are a variety of activities to make this holiday memorable!
We have compiled a list of five of our favorite activities and five mouth-watering recipes to celebrate Valentine’s Day. While some of the activities are specifically for adults, many of these ideas will work well for family and friends of all ages.
Valentine’s Day Activities
- Melted Crayon Hearts: This Valentine’s Day activity is not only a great family bonding activity, but it’s a great way to recycle old or broken crayons and breathe new life into them! To get started, place roughly 100 unwrapped crayons in heart-shaped silicone molds, then place them in an oven set to 250 degrees. After the crayons have melted, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely. The completed molds can be used for homemade crafts and ornaments. Don’t have a heart-shaped mold on hand? You can also use plastic cups, egg cartons, cans, or ice cube trays to shape your new creations.
- Hanging Flower Hearts: Creating a hanging flower heart is a quick and easy do-it-yourself project with endless customization options. Whether creating a surprise for a significant other or working together, the end result will be a beautiful Valentine’s Day decoration. Using artificial flowers will make the hanging flower heart reusable for years.
- Mason Jar Votives: Your family will have fun creating mason jar votives together. This do-it-yourself decoration combines mason jars, multiple colors of glitter, and paint to create visually pleasing candle holders. These votives are simple to make and can be created for any holiday or occasion by switching up the materials and colors used.
- Felt Valentine Hearts: Felt Valentine hearts are simple to make, but they do require sufficient time. This project is also kid-friendly, making it an ideal choice for a family Valentine’s Day activity. An inexpensive shopping trip to any craft store and some creative energy yields a beautiful and reusable Valentine’s Day decoration. You will need:
- Styrofoam Heart
- 1 yard Felt (off the bolt)
- Straight Pins
- Scissors or a Rotary Cutter
- 3-inch circle pattern
- Love Letters: This past year has taken everyone by surprise. Now is the perfect time to put in writing how much your family means to you. Give everyone a piece of paper and ask them to write down what they love the most about their family, friends, and life. This inexpensive family (or couples) activity will create a great discussion opportunity and put gratitude front and center this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cupcakes: What could be better than chocolate and strawberries on Valentine’s Day? Making these cupcakes is a three-part process, but the end result will please Valentines of all ages! Kids can help make the chocolate batter, decorate the cupcakes, and the strawberries.
- Strawberry Heart Cream-Cheese-Filled Cookies: The recipe for this Valentine’s Day dessert is relatively simple. You will need strawberry cake mix, eggs, shortening, cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. This treat is an excellent choice for get-togethers involving families and friends.
- Valentine’s Day Brownies: Get the entire family to participate in the baking and decorating process. Valentine cookie cutters can also be used to customize your brownies into heart shapes, flowers, angels, and more. The kids can also have fun decorating the brownies with their favorite frosting.
- Lovers’ Beef Burgundy Filet: This Valentine’s Day dinner is said to be a great date-night meal thanks to the perfect pairing of the filet and wine. With a bit of planning, lovers’ beef burgundy filet can be as simple to prepare as it is indulgent to enjoy.
- Pink Champagne Mocktail: Despite it being called “champagne,” this beverage is kid-friendly (non-alcoholic). Mixing pink champagne mocktails is simple, and a fun drink for Valentine’s Day. Cheers to another year filled with love!
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Sky Cove South
Regardless of how you celebrate Valentine’s Day, we believe home is where the heart is. When you call Sky Cove South home, there’s always something fun to do with the family. The team at Sky Cove and Sky Cove South wish you and your family a Happy Valentine’s Day.
Sky Cove South is currently accepting lot reservations for families seeking a new home in Westlake. For more information or to schedule a virtual tour, contact Sky Cove South today at (561) 792-3004 or fill out our contact form online.